Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly... is this what you'd like to do?
- When a user first visits your Catalyst site/app, they start in state A
- At some point, they click a link that takes them to some other URL
- If they use the browser's Back button to return to your Catalyst site, they always go to state B
I do believe that is what he is asking. I also have some interest in how to do this.
I want to mix a site with
html and flash. From a flash menu I can go to a html page.
and I would like to have the possibility from my Html page menu to go to a specific page in my flash swf.
If I have to get back to the Page 1 it is non possible.
To link to a specific state or your Catalyst application, you will need a way to encode the state of the application within the link's URL. The Flex "Deep Linking" feature is just the ticket -- though you will have to bring your project into Flash Builder and write a little code to make use of it. here are some resources to help:
- Official Introduction to Deep Linking
- Very simple way to use Deep Linking specifically to link to specific application states (which sounds like what you want -- as opposed to encoding more complex info in the link, such as the seelcted value in a combo box, the text in a search field, etc.)
- More detailed tutorial on writing code to hook into Deep Linking
Hope that helps you both!