4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2010 3:28 AM by ReginaldBull

Eclipse Help / Flash Builder Help = Crap

ReginaldBull

Sorry, I don't know if it's the right place here but I have to shout it - Flash Builder Help ist CRAP.

It's so unbelivable bad...

You at Adobe - did you ever work with your own help? It was really OK in Flex Builder 3 but now it's just to forget.

You other poor developer who have to work with this crap - do you find something?

• 1. Re: Eclipse Help / Flash Builder Help = Crap
          Balaji Sridhar Level 2

Hi,

Can you please elaborate the problem you are facing?

Is your problem around the content of FB4 HELP?

We would be more than happy to understand your problem and resolve it.

Also, please let us know what are the things you would like to see as part of HELP.

Thanks

Balaji

• 2. Re: Eclipse Help / Flash Builder Help = Crap
            ReginaldBull Level 1

First of all - it's not integrated into Eclipse. Thats the worst thing at all. Eclipse has a well integrated Help, use that infrastructure.

I am here in Austria, we speak German as the main language but for some reasons I want to switch the Help to English - I did not

find a way to do that.

It's not possible to search withing a search results. If I found something and the result is displayed on the right side of

the Help-Window I can't search on the right side. Within a normal browser window I press F3 an I can search the page - not here.

Yesterday I had to download the Flex_4_docs, unpack it, unpack the AS3_Reference.zip an search whin that file because it works

better than the FB-Help.

If you are from Adobe - Just ask your developers and not your designers...

• 3. Re: Eclipse Help / Flash Builder Help = Crap
              Balaji Sridhar Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

FB help is a separate AIR application and does not use eclipse infrastructure. This was designed so to be consistent with other Adobe products (Creative Suite).

Please file an enhancement request for the 'search' issue you faced.

Thanks,

Balaji

• 4. Re: Eclipse Help / Flash Builder Help = Crap
                ReginaldBull Level 1

Thx for the answer, it was clear to me that conscience was the background but this won't make the decision better.

Adobe should help the developer to speed up the development process not to block them with such things.