4 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2010 12:00 PM by the_wine_snob

PE8 won't output 16:9

vb99

I have done a few sample videos now and tried redering/publishing/finalizing at 19:9/widescreen and the videos continue to come out standard square.  What am I missing?!

• 1. Re: PE8 won't output 16:9
          vb99 Level 1

sorry meant 16:9 widescreen

• 2. Re: PE8 won't output 16:9
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Can you describe the steps you're using?

Is your project set up as a 16:9 project?

Is your source footage 16:9?

Are you using a default output/share or are you creating your own? (You should not create your own. If your project is set up correctly, one of the standard output presets should give you an output at the same setting.)

• 3. Re: PE8 won't output 16:9
              vb99 Level 1

Yes I've been setting them up 16:9 widescreen and the video is all shot HD widescreen.  I've been having trouble outputting to avi,mpg2 and to youtube through PE8.  I just tried again as wmv and it worked perfect so not sure what happened.  thanks for the quick response!

• 4. Re: PE8 won't output 16:9
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Most likely, it was a simple Export/Share setting that was incorrect. Those settings can be a bit daunting sometimes, and it's easy to miss one or two.

As a side note, be aware that some players do miss the 16:9 flag, and often have to be set/adjusted to play the material properly. This has been known to happen too often with Apple's QT Player and H.264 Exported files.

Good luck, and glad that you got your 16:9 Widescreen.

Hunt