1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 1, 2010 2:29 PM by StevenSmidley

Total Noob Question - Why are Bitmaps resized automatically when I drag to stage?

StevenSmidley

I'm workin in Flash cs3 and I'm trying to get to the bottom of this small issue.  When I drag a png file onto the stage and test the movie I notice it's size is smaller than the original image.  I'm working with an image 187 pixels tall and when I drag it onto the stage it becomes about 135 pixels tall.  I am viewing the stage at 100 percent.  When I test the movie the image is still about 135 pixels tall. 

Why has flash resized my image?  I haven't messed with any settings, they should all be the default settings.  What should I do to make flash import my images to the stage at their original dimensions?   Thanks for the help, I tried searching for an answer for a while but there are so many image resizing issues out there that don't pertain to this

• 1. Re: Total Noob Question - Why are Bitmaps resized automatically when I drag to stage?
          StevenSmidley Level 1

Here's what I've learned:   Flash CS3 has some sort of glitch where PNG's are not displayed correctly but are scaled down to 66% or so.  On another forum I was told to import the PNG to the stage and then delete if off of the stage and then drag it onto the stage from the library.  This didn't work for PNG's but it did work for JPEG's which also resize to 66% when I import them to the stage.

While this didn't solve my PNG file issue it did teach me that my issue is a glitch or bug or whatever you would call such a thing.  So far I have been working around this issue by just resizing the PNG's to their original size after I import them to the stage.  This seems to maintain perfect quality.

http://www.fuzzymonkeytabs.com  <----- Free Guitar Lessons