4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2010 1:37 PM by luca mezzalira

sdk for Flash or Flash Builder?

luca mezzalira

Hi All,

I'm working in some CS5 panels, I think that is an amazing opportunity for us to create very cool stuff... but do you think that one day we could make the same things with Flash and Flash Builder like InDesign or Photoshop with CS SDK!?

thank you in advance

• 1. Re: sdk for Flash or Flash Builder?
          irpaterson Adobe Employee

This sounds really interesting, but please can I ask you to clarify this question slightly, as I am maybe not fully grasping your meaning here;

- Do you mean, target Flash Pro and Flash Builder with a CS5 extension? If so, then you can target Flash Pro CS5 already with Extension Builder / Creative Suite SDK tooling already- although for Flash Pro, there are not the wrapper libraries? So, can I ask, is the question about availability of ActionScript wrapper libraries for Flash Pro?

- If you mean to develop a SWF-based extension for Flash Builder, what would you see as the use cases and who would you see as the target audience for this kind of extension?

Best wishes

Ian

• 2. Re: sdk for Flash or Flash Builder?
            luca mezzalira Level 1

the second one...I think could be so useful to automatize scripts or stuff that you do everyday.

I mean, I could add Design Pattern with only one click, or customize a preload or something else...

I saw at Scotch on the Rocks in London last week that CF builder has extension opportunity... I want it in Flash Builder!!!

I think could be very useful for everybody.

what do you think about that?

• 3. Re: sdk for Flash or Flash Builder?
              irpaterson Adobe Employee

I've made sure this is captured in the feature request database for Creative Suite / Extension Builder- it sounds an interesting feature.

Best wishes

Ian

• 4. Re: sdk for Flash or Flash Builder?
                luca mezzalira Level 1

I'm glad that you find this feature interesting, could save a lots of time for a developer

thank you Ian