1 Reply Latest reply on May 31, 2010 6:30 PM by the_wine_snob

widescreen

doyle84

Adobe Premier Elements 7

I have a film which has been filmed in an incorrect ratio and want to change it to widescreen. Im not sure what aspect ratio it is currently at, but it has the black lines down the vertical sides left and right. I have edited my film and am at the stage where I wish to convert or change this to widescreen (black lines at the top and bottom) but Im not sure if its too late and should of been filmed in widescreen to start with. Burning or sharing in PAL Widescreen does not make a difference either.

The only thing I can think of, and is probably quite a crude method, but is to export the movie,re-import it, and use the motion settings to drag the picture out myself.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Mike

• 1. Re: widescreen
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Mike,

First, a couple of questions:

1.) what is your Project Preset (when you chose New Project)?

2.) what is your original footage (you can use the great, free utility, G-SPOT to give you the full details).

3.) if you have 4:3 material, in a 16:9 (Widescreen) Project, can your footage stand to be Scaled up, which will effectively Crop top, and or bottom of the image area?

4.) if you choose Interpret Footage, and choose Widescreen (16:9), can you live with the change in your source footage? Note: "Aunt Marge" will seem to gain about 15 lbs., so look closely at this.

Let us know the answers, and someone can help you.

Good luck,

Hunt