8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2010 10:11 AM by the_wine_snob

(CS5) Render Problems

colepat Level 1

Hey everyone,

I just recently upgraded to CS5 and have an amazing beefed up machine to handle it. Built to work with CS5.

Well, I was asked to do a slideshow for someone, simple right? I put all the pictures in, organize them the way the client wants, then the trouble comes along.

If I try to render (export) the sequence it fails. Every different way I have tried it, it has failed. I've tried media encoder, after effects, and straight from premiere all of them error out. I really don't know why. I have a really advanced project I am also working on but that renders fine and quickly I might add.

Do you guys know why this is happening? My guess is maybe one of the pictures is corrupt, but how do I figure out which one?

Any help would be great, he is coming by again tomorrow morning to finish it up.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: (CS5) Render Problems
          rejdmast1 Level 2

Try eliminating pictures until your problem disappears or make a new project and start importing pictures one at a time until the project dies or try importing your current project into a new project.  The best solution is the process of elimination.

Let us know how you make out.

• 2. Re: (CS5) Render Problems
            FuelMe Level 1

Where do the pictures come from/what format are they? I'm asking because there is a problem where image sequences generated by AfterEffects can crash Premiere Pro, but only certain kinds. I'm wondering if there is a similar issue at play here.

• 3. Re: (CS5) Render Problems
              colepat Level 1

Okay, I've tried to go through and get rid of some of the pictures. It seems to be running OK for now.

The pictures are just JPEG and PNG no image sequence, nothing.

• 4. Re: (CS5) Render Problems
                the_wine_snob Level 9

What are the pixel x pixel dimensions of the stills?

Do you have ANY gaps anywhere on the Timeline?*

Have you added any Effects to the stills?

Good luck,

Hunt

* I find that the easiest way to check for gaps is to zoom in to the max on the horizontal for the Timeline. Target my Video Track(s), hit Home, and then step through with the PageUp/PageDn keys. The CTI (Current Time Indicator w/ the red Edit Line) should jump from Image (Clip) to Image. If it hiccups, or seems to pause, then you have likely found a gap. Even a single, 1 Frame gap can cause issues (though not always). Close the gap.

• 5. Re: (CS5) Render Problems
                  colepat Level 1

The pixel dimensions are all different, the still are all different resolutions.

Also, there are no gaps in the timeline, and only fade in a fade out are the only effects.

• 6. Re: (CS5) Render Problems
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Can you give us some idea as to what those pixel x pixel dimensions are? Are we talking 720 x 480, 3000 x 2000, 8000 x 6000?

This ARTICLE will give you tips on one workflow to Scale still images in PS for use in Video.

• 7. Re: (CS5) Render Problems
                      colepat Level 1

They range from 500x334 - 3000x4000 - 2592x3888. They are all  over the ma.

• 8. Re: (CS5) Render Problems
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

For the larger ones (much larger than your Project's Frame Size), you WILL want to Scale in PS, and not try and force the NLE to do that. The results will be better, the Resources overhead will be greatly reduced and crashes and hangs will likely cease. The linked article (above) will give you some tips.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful