2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2010 6:10 AM by lovejoyp

How can I get start page to access my RH projects?

lovejoyp

I am using RH8 and IE7.

I have a start page that is just an html page, not created in Robohelp. it's basically a table of contents linking to about 10 RH projects.

I create my RH projects and put them in the same folder but each project has it's own sub folder. The structure looks like this:

c:/RHGen82/newfolder/project1.htm

c:/RHGen82/newfolder2/project2.htm

I put my starting page in this folder (not created in RH):

c:/RHGen82/mainpage/mainpage.htm

When I create the links from my main page to the projects, everything works fine on my computer.

I take the whole RHGen82 folder and put it on the C drive of another computer. It doesn't work. The link changes to ../RHGen82/newproject/project1.htm and I think that should work, but it doesn't.

I have read your Calling Webhelp using URLs and think that may have my answer but I don't understand what I'm reading. Can you shed a little light?

Yes, we could have used merge projects but that's not what management wants.

Any help is gratefully appreciated.

Pat

• 1. Re: How can I get start page to access my RH projects?
          RoboColum(n) Level 5

Hi Pat.

With your existing directpry structure the links would have to be:

c:/RHGen82/newfolder/project1.htm

c:/RHGen82/newfolder2/project2.htm

This is because the projects are located outside of the directory structure of your start page. If you were to use the following directory structure:

c:/RHGen82/mainpage/mainpage.htm

c:/RHGen82/mainpage/project1/project1.htm

c:/RHGen82/mainpage/project2/project2.htm

you'd be able to just use the link syntax:

project1/project1.htm

project2/project2.htm

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
          • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter
          • 2. Re: How can I get start page to access my RH projects?
            lovejoyp Level 1

Thank you so much for the suggestion. It worked beautifully. The forum saved me again.

I had to move things around and fix links but everything is as the boss wants it, or almost everything.

Sorry I didn't get back to you before this. I was busy fixing things.

Pat