4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2007 7:41 PM by >Vee<

AS3 class diagram poster

wsarris
      On the Adobe site and in several other posted locations is a pdf document showing the AS3 class hierarchy. If contains mistakes. e.g. under the flash.filters package, there are two ConvolutionFilter classes. One should be labeled DisplacementMapFilter.

This file is secured and cannot be repaired. Does anyone know of a corrected copy? Or is there a way to open this file and make corrections?

http://www.flex.org/download/AS3API_01.pdf

• 1. Re: AS3 class diagram poster
          Level 7
          wsarris,

> This file is secured and cannot be repaired. Does anyone know
          > of a corrected copy? Or is there a way to open this file and
          > make corrections?

I'll try to contact a few people at Adobe directly, but can't guarantee
          anything, as I'm not an Adobe employee. ;) Where is this file (or files
          like it) posted on the Adobe.com site?

David Stiller
          Adobe Community Expert
          Dev blog, http://www.quip.net/blog/
          "Luck is the residue of good design."

• 2. Re: AS3 class diagram poster
            Rothrock Level 5
            Cool poster – even with the errors it seems like it would be a totally helpful thing.
            • 3. Re: AS3 class diagram poster
              wsarris Level 1
              David,

I downloaded it a while back. Can't remember the url on the Adobe site. Perhaps they have taken it down or changed its name, because the only current reference I could Google was the one I put in my original post at flex.org.

I will do some more digging on the Adobe site to see if I can find it there.

Meanwhile, I could make the corrections myself if I had the password or new an alternate way to change and re-save the file. Any ideas? Tried bringing it into Photoshop and Acrobat 8. Neither works. Suppose I could re-create it from scratch, but that would be a lot of work for only a few changes.

Thanks for the help.
              Bill
              • 4. Re: AS3 class diagram poster
                >Vee< Level 1
                Hey guys,

Great poster.

Only printing and content copying for accessibility is available for this document in the security tab (under the properties menu in acrobat). Nevertheless Myriad Pro in the font used. All of this info is in the same Document Properties window.

Open a new document in InDesign thats at least 42 x 30
                using the rectangular framing tool click the document window, a dialog window will appear
                type in w:40 and h:28 and click ok
                (use the direct selection tool if unselected to select the new frame)
                next: FIle>Place and locate the pdf

now from here you can placing text boxes over the incorrect material and reprint form there
                let me know if you need me to explain any of that clearer
                best
                vee