1 person found this helpful
Can I ask which way you entered those settings, did you edit the site from the manage sites window, the only reason I ask is that for some reason it doesn't always seem to work when you do it that way.
I had the same problem and I ended up deleting the server and then opening a file which has d-related files and then clicking on setup on the folowing info band that appears near the top of the window
"Dynamically-realated files cannot be discovered becuase a testing server is not defined. Setup"
As for your settings, they look ok, but so did mine, these are the settings I ended up using, which apart from the sub folder in xampp look identical to yours.
Connect using: local/network
server folder: c:\xampp\htdocs\
web url: http://localhost/
server model: php mysql
The other thing to double check is that you have started apache in xampp, every so often I forget to start it and dreamweaver will error when looking for the d-related files
Wow, is that ever screwy!
Thanks, Richard. I had set it up from Manage Sites. I deleted the testing server there and set it up from the "setup" message as you suggested and it works.
This seems like a bug that shouldn't have escaped alpha testing, to say nothing of beta testing.
After performing the actions described above, I now have a functional testing server. I still need to modify some PHP settings, but I should be able to work through that.