6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2010 10:04 AM by IcedTea42

Newbie in deep end: Can't open files as project?

IcedTea42 Level 1

Sorry, I've honestly tried to find a solution.

I've been given a .zip folder full of files, and told to use RoboHelp to compile them into a CHM file.

• My boss just quit without telling me how this is done, and the folks who need them are in India and don't seem to know how my boss performed the magic - they just know she took the files and created a .chm.
      • I have an idea what the .chm file is, but I don't know how to start.

The file types in the .zip folder include .jpg, .apj, HTML documents, HHP Backup, HHC Backup, HHK Backup, H files, CPD and CDR, .css, .fpg, images in .gif and .jpg format, .ign, .js, .lng, .phr, .pss, .xpj, .pss, .phr, .ssl files, .stp, .syn, and .txt files.

When I open Robohelp (I have both Word and HTML versions of RoboHelp), the first question is whether I want to open an existing project - which I assume I do:

• I want the existing files to be included in the project
      • I don't know anything else about the project: not the main topics, not even the title, so I don't want to try to create something from scratch - I just want to compile the files, if that's possible.

I created a new project anyway, and it seemed to work - the access path is the correct directory and my files are incorperated.

But now, how do I create a .chm using my existing files?

Thank you, thank you!!