1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 9, 2010 11:42 PM by gator soup

How to apply differences in Display Profiles?

Gary T.

Hi all

Ive just finished designing a digital image on a macbook pro to notice it looks awful on different display profiles due to the amount of light colors. On my macbook pro my Display Profile (System Preferences -> Displays -> Color) was set to "Color LCD", the factory default color profile.

Again using the system preferences (and not photoshop) If I choose "sRGB IEC61966-2.1" (the web standard) it appears radically brighter and bluer, while if I change it back to "Color LCD" it looks relatively yellower and less saturated. Anyone with a macbook pro (or maybe all mac monitors?) can probably reproduce the same effect instantly.

Using photoshop cs5, what I would like to do is to simply set the color settings of the image in the "sRGB IEC61966-2.1" profile to look as they do right now in the "Color LCD" profile, even if it (expectedly) darkens and increase the yellow of the image when viewed in the "Color LCD" profile.

Thank you to anyone who can help with this, as Im really new to photoshop in general. Please let me know if I can clarify at all.

----

Macbook Pro, Adobe Photoshop CS5

• 1. Re: How to apply differences in Display Profiles?
          gator soup Level 4

System Preferences> Displays> Color> Display Profile -- should be your 'Calibrated' custom monitor profile (you don't keep switching it around).

Photoshop> Edit> Color Settings> Working Spaces: RGB -- should be a standard color space (ICC profile) such as sRGB.

What happens in Photoshop is the Color Management System reads the profile embedded in your source file and it CONVERTS it to your monitor profile behind the scenes, on the fly...try reading some of the other threads for more info...