3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2015 9:54 AM by rscott13

.eps  "Can't Save Illustration. Can't Print Illustration."

James Warcroft

Quick background. . .

Im a graphic artist and just built my new PC at work on Friday.

On Monday I started installing everything, Windows 7, numerous programs, etc.

I installed CS5 (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and, even though Ive only used Illustrator so far, it seems to be workign fine.

When Ive finished a job I save it as a .eps so it can be opened in Roland Versaworks for printing.

That was all workign fine, until this morning (Wednesday).

Every time I try to save as a .eps I get the message "Can't save Illustration. Can't print Illustration."

I did not shut down my PC Tuesday night, I leave my PC on overnight so I can jump straight back into things the next morning.

Ive tried deleting my profile/properties folder, that didnt work.

Ive uninstalled (and used the CS5 cleaner tool) then reinstalled twice today, that didnt work.

Numerous restarts. That didnt work.

All other formats (that I use and save as) work fine. Just cant save as an eps.

I can open an eps, but if I try to save it I get tthe same message.

Now. . .

The only thing I did Tuesday afternoon was install Corel Draw X5.

Could Corel have some how screwed with eps in some bazaar way?

before I left work today I completely uninstalled Corel and CS5. I will reinstall CS5 tomorrow morning and see what happens.

In the mean time. . . and suggestions?

Thanks

• 1. Re: .eps  "Can't Save Illustration. Can't Print Illustration."
          richie_d_eh

I have just got a brand new cpu.  Win 7 pro 64 bit.

Also Illustrator 5.1 and photoshop, acrobat and indesign 5.1. and I have the same problem.  Eps files just wont save.  I deleted the prefs files and nothing.  I created a new admin account and that fixed it for half an hour but now nothing.  I work in a sign shop and my rip sftware also versaworks cant  find cut lines unless I use the .eps format.  Just so were all clear, If I create a new document and leave it blank.  I still cant save as eps.

Please help, not impressed buying new software and having it completely not work.

Dickie D

• 2. Re: .eps  "Can't Save Illustration. Can't Print Illustration."
            rscott13

I'm having the same issue. Just went from XP to Windows 7 on a new PC.

Loaded CS5.

Open .eps file I've already created and printed try to save to desktop (or anywhere else) and get the same "Can't Save Illustration. Can't Print Illustration"

I can save as .ai and I can save as version3 or 8.

Don't have a problem saving PS files as .eps.

From the searching I've done online, it appears this is fairly common, yet I've not found the solution. I'm wondering if it's the windows 7 64 bit operating system?!?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 3. Re: .eps  "Can't Save Illustration. Can't Print Illustration."
              rscott13 Level 1

UPDATE: printer drivers were not installed on new pc, set print to pdf and works fine