Has nobody else encountered this problem? It's still giving me headaches. In the specific case I'm fighting with now I've tried creating a text box to contain only the text I want linked, and at runtime it disappears.
Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Are you using _alpha or _rotation on the TextField ?
If the text within your TextField is not changing at runtime make sure you have set the TextField to static.
Else check if you have embedded all the Charachters you are using within that TextField...
Yet I have no other idea ...
My text field is being used within a movieclip. This movie clip had an alpha tween, but I tried disabling that just to check and it doesn't seem to fix the problem. The text is set to static. If I type the same characters (and many more) into a new text frame and do not give it a URL link there is no problem – it only happens when I give it a URL link in the properties panel.
Thanks for your suggestions anyway.
Ah, I've just tried using different fonts (and even the bold version of the same font) and that seems to fix it. Strange that it should happen only with the linking, but at least now I can make a workaround.
Also of interest, maybe, is that it makes all the other non-bold text in the frame disappear, even if it isn't linked at all.