1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 2, 2010 3:27 PM by ~graffiti

Please help - I accidentally deleted my Reader and now I can't get any of my PDFs to work right

LFS Financial

I completely screwed up - I accidentally deleted my reader! I re-installed the right version, but now none of the PDFs look right, and I don't think anyone else can open them.  I have to send PDF files as part of my job, and I need to fix this yesterday!  PLEASE HELP!!

If this info helps, I have Adobe Acrobat professional 8 and reader 6.0.2  I can't install a higher reader because I don't have a high enough windows operating system.  Please give me a hand, thanks!

• 1. Re: Please help - I accidentally deleted my Reader and now I can't get any of my PDFs to work right
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Well I'm not sure what deleting Reader would have to do with no one else being able to open your PDF's so you may want to give some more

detail on that one.

Also, if you can run Acrobat 8 on your system, you can run Reader 8 BUT, you should not have both of those items installed on the same machine.

So, maybe we can get a little more out of you. like, how did you delete Reader, what version did you reinstall and what do you mean by the PDF's don't look right? You're not using Reader to create PDF files so again, removing that should have nothing to do with what other people can or can't do with them.

Please try and be a little more specific and give us more information on what steps you took to wreck your installation and what you have done or tried since then.

LFS Financial wrote:

I completely screwed up - I accidentally deleted my reader! I re-installed the right version, but now none of the PDFs look right, and I don't think anyone else can open them.  I have to send PDF files as part of my job, and I need to fix this yesterday!  PLEASE HELP!!

If this info helps, I have Adobe Acrobat professional 8 and reader 6.0.2  I can't install a higher reader because I don't have a high enough windows operating system.  Please give me a hand, thanks!