1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 3, 2010 6:15 AM by brooksrv

Flash CS4 keeps quitting...

riverswebb7

Hey  so I'm working with a rather large flash file and I've already been  to the flash website to download all the updates that deal with large  file issues.   Things are much better now.   However, I was having issues  with flash coming back and telling me that my virtual memory was low.   I  adjusted it and now I'm not getting that error anymore... now every  hour or so flash will just quit.   I'll be working and then it will be  gone.

I don't have a lot of ram on my pc.. 2GB .... I'm thinking I'll upgrade  it to 4 tomorrow.   But am I wasting my time?   I've read online that cs4  is just buggy that way.   Can you guys give me some advice or insight?

I'm working WinXP service pack 3

Intel Pentium D CPU 3.00GHz

2 GB of RAM

Video Card:  ATI Radeon X1050

Thanks guys -
      D.

• 1. Re: Flash CS4 keeps quitting...
          brooksrv

Sorry I cant offer any help, but I had the same problem several months ago.

Window Vista

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
               Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
               Video Card:  ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro

I started saving the file every 15-20 minutes with a new file name (xxxxxxxx_004.fla). At some point the problem got better  and I have crashes less often.