2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2010 4:52 AM by Louon

How secure is Dreamweaver login?

Louon Level 1

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can advise me.  I'm building a simple site in Dreamweaver CS4.  I want to have a login page linked to a MySQl database on my server.  How secure is the Dreamweaver form/password facility? or does this depend on my server? I am worried about:

1.  people's personal details (eg email addresses) not being secure when they sign up as a member for my site/log on.

2. huge amounts of spam - I haven't even launched my site and I've had 5,000 hits

Also, are there ways of

1.  increasing security

2.minimising spam (my server uses spam assassin but I've read that that only blocks out 74% - there's only going to be me as a part time moderator)? -

Any suggestions, recommendations or advice would be really welcome and gratefully received - Thanks in advance for any help.

• 1. Re: How secure is Dreamweaver login?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

This has nothing to do with DW. Not even remotely. Your server is simply extremely poorly configured and I think it's fair to say that anyone who signs up is at risk of being a victim. I suggest you do some re-reading of general PHP/ MySQL procedures as well as general HTTP/ Apache stuff like using encrypted table fields and values, limiting field lengths for inputs, user permissions, validating inputs and tracking headers and IPs for session variables. If all that is beyond you, do the only sensible thing - build your site on existing CMS systems like Joomla, Typo3 or a blog software like WordPress that has all this built-in.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How secure is Dreamweaver login?
            Louon Level 1

Thanks for the help - I've heard of Joomla but I thought it was an alternative to Dreamweaver with a WYSIWYG editor etc - can I build my site in Dreamweaver and still use Joomla?