4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2007 6:16 PM by JeffW

How to modify the Quick Start Wizard?

slogik
      Homesite as a Quick Start wizards. On the wizard's 1st page there is a drop-down list with all !doctype available. Some of those are missing the w3.org url (particulary those HTML 4.01). I have noticed that if the url is not there Firefox goes in quirk mode.

Now, I looked everywhere in Homesite's directories to locate where those !doctype definitions are stored so I could had the url missing but I failed to find them. I also took a peek into XP's registry and faced another dead end.

So does anyone know where those definitions are stored?
        • 1. Re: How to modify the Quick Start Wizard?
          charlie@carehart.org Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          slogik, which wizard exactly are you running? for instance, when I search the files related to wizards, I find that one of them does list the various doctypes, though I can't know if it's the one you're interested in:

C:\Program Files\Macromedia\HomeSite+\Wizards\CFML\Custom.wizml
          • 2. Re: How to modify the Quick Start Wizard?
            slogik Level 1
            I am talking about the HTML Quick Start wizards that runs from first button (normally the one just before the «Body» button) of the «Common» section of Homesite's tool bar. You will find the 2 files running that wizard in:

C:\Program Files\Macromedia\HomeSite+\Wizards\HTML\

They are Quick Start.vtw and QuickStart.wizml. And here's the code of Quick Start.vtw:

• 3. Re: How to modify the Quick Start Wizard?
              charlie@carehart.org Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              Sorry, slogik, I'm afraid I haven't any more insight into this for you. I just haven't done wizml coding so don't know how to put the parts together to answer your question. Perhaps Jeff W will.
              • 4. Re: How to modify the Quick Start Wizard?
                JeffW
                Just playing with it, it looks like it is the cbDocType that is a defined bound control type.
                <INPUT name="cbDocType" param="DocType">

no, I haven't found where or how cbDocType is defined yet...

In the homesite help, look at the VTML Reference, Bound Controls
                and VTML Reference, INPUT (Wizards)

I'm guessing this falls under "Special Parameter" as mentioned here;
                VTML Reference, VTML for Wizards, Special Parameters

I haven't done much with wizards yet, so I was just digging. If you've been editing them you may already know more than me here.