3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2010 10:11 AM by the_wine_snob

Skip to Edit

thunderclap82 Level 1

I have Premiere Pro CS5.  Stupid question, but how do you skip to the next or previous cut?  In Final Cut Pro I just hit the up or down arrow, but that doesn't work in Premiere and I can't seem to find any other shortcut for this option.  Any help is appreciated!

• 1. Re: Skip to Edit
          the_wine_snob Level 9

PageUp/PageDn with the Track Targeted.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Skip to Edit
            thunderclap82 Level 1

By Track Targeted you mean highlighted?  In either case (highlighted or not) hitting PageUp or Down doesn't work for me.

*UPDATE*  Scratched that.  Figured it out.  I had changed the key combo in Keyboard Configuration.  Selecting the track and hitting my configured keys works.  Thanks!

• 3. Re: Skip to Edit
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Keyboard re-mapping was going to be my next question, but you beat me to it.

As for Track Targeting, yes, clicking on the Track Header is what I was referring to.

In earlier versions, the PageUp/PageDn was not limited, so one would jump to any Clip Head/Tail in the entire Timeline. Now, one can limit the process to particular Tracks, bypassing others. To me, this is an improvement, though it does mean that one needs to take the Track Targeting into consideration.

Good luck,

Hunt