Expand my Community achievements bar.

Email Submit PDF and XML attachments

Level 1

I've found multiple topics on how to change a form's submit button to submit a PDF, instead of an XML file.

What I'd really like to do is submit both a PDF and XML file. Is this possible in any way?

I've tried to modify the xml code so that there are two submit actions, like this:

<event activity="click" name="event__click">
               <submit textEncoding="UTF-16" xdpContent="pdf datasets xfdf" target="mailto:email@domain.ca" embedPDF="1" format="pdf"/>
               <submit format="xml" textEncoding="UTF-8" target="mailto:email@domain.ca"/>
            </event>

But it only uses the first action.

Any ideas?

5 Replies

Level 10

If you submit the PDF you can extract the xml data on the server?

You can also submit back XML Data Package, which is xml, and select PDF in the Include section. This will put the PDF in the xml data. You will still have to extract the pdf on the server from the xml.

Jasmin

Level 1

When you say "on the server", what are you referring to?

We are currently only using the Livecycle Designer bundled with Acrobat 9 Pro to create the forms.

Level 10

...but when you submit the data it goes somewhere right?

The server component that receives the submission can receive the XDP Data with the PDF if you check the PDF. You still need to do some work to extract it from the data though.

Jasmin

Level 1

Right now it's just an email submit button, so the PDF comes back to an email address. I can submit the XDP through email instead, but it would be much easier if we could just have two attachments; one as a PDF to file away, and another as XML data to insert into an SQL database.

Former Community Member

I am also working towards this. i

tried this but only xml is attaching.

if you have any sample file of pdf with this code can u send it to me at sivajyothi.chandra@gmail.com

Regards

jyothi