4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2010 8:09 AM by the_wine_snob

image jitter

doyle84 Level 1

elements 7

I find that when I burn a film to dvd and play it soon after, the menu screen and some scenes in the film itself seem to jitter up and down,similar to a vhs on pause for example. Any ideas to why this happens?

mike

• 1. Re: image jitter
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Mike,

First some questions:

1.) what brand of blank media did you use?

2.) what speed is the media and your burner? PrE uses the max for each, and that is often not a good idea.

This ARTICLE will give you some tips on playability.

You also might want to look over this ARTICLE, as more info might well be needed, and it will give you tips on what info would be useful.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: image jitter
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

And what type of camera or camcorder did your original video come from?

Which project preset did you use?

The chief cause of jittering is that the video (often an MPEG or series of photos) is not matched to the proper Premiere Elements project preset.

• 3. Re: image jitter
              doyle84 Level 1

1. The blank media I use is Verbatim dvd+R 16x (lightscribe)

2. Im not sure what my burner speed is,how do I go about finding this out?

3. The camera I use is a Panasonic DVX 100b

4. The project preset I havn't changed, so it is set to whatever the defult is.

This image jitter does not always happen, but the strange thing is, If I play the dvd just after I have burned a copy it jitters slightly, if I leave it for a while

and play again later on,it is ok..Very odd.

Thanks

• 4. Re: image jitter
                the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, Verbatim is about as good as it gets, and with the 16x media, PrE probably chose close to that. Unfortunately, PrE does not allow one to set the Burn speed, and will instead choose the fastest based on the speed of the media, and the speed of the burner. For slower Burns, many use the great, free ImgBurn utility. First, one would Burn to Folder, and then use ImgBurn to do the physical Burn, adjusting the speed down to something like 4x. That Burn to Folder can be used as a test too, as one would play that VIDEO_TS folder on DVD software.

The disc sitting about and getting "better" is extremely odd, and I have no idea as to why a bit of time would improve things. Are you printing on the face of the DVD? Could it be that the ink is not fully dry initially, but is after an hour, or two? That is as close as i can come.

Good luck,

Hunt