8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2010 9:56 PM by Stan Jones

Has this Forum name changed to CS5?

shooternz Level 6

Has this Forum name changed to CS5 ....today, recently, a long time ago?

No big deal ...just noticed it and got myself lost for a moment? (My bookmark says Adobe CS4 Forum)

At my age I have to keep testing myself for onslaught of memory loss and senility!

• 1. Re: Has this Forum name changed to CS5?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It seems that now that CS5 is "done and out" there are several Adobe employees who have started posting in the last week or so

One of them (check the lounge) is doing some housekeeping on the forum structure

I, for one, like the changes... CS5 SHOULD be in a place of its own, since it is 64bit and has MPE so the questions are going to be different (well... some of them, at least)

• 2. Re: Has this Forum name changed to CS5?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

No. You have ingested some sort of Southern Hemisphere mushroom, and are imagining things again!

Actually, yes. Today was a busy day, and things have changed. Sub-fora have been combined, others have been split off. Some of it is covered in this THREAD.

I got caught in the middle of things, and spent much of the AM telling people to post to the PrPro sub-forum, only to have to go back and apologize.

Hunt

PS - are things with CS5 going well for you?

• 3. Re: Has this Forum name changed to CS5?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

John T.

I, for one, like the changes...

Can we infer that this is because your copy of CS5 is in the mail?

No, I do agree with you. Wish that someone had notified us, as it would have saved me tons of embarrassment, from which I am likely to not recover from.

Hunt

• 4. Re: Has this Forum name changed to CS5?
                shooternz Level 6
                PS - are things with CS5 going well for you?

Bill

I still have the CS5 - New system on the test bench because I have been too busy to move it into the space I have reserved for it.

I sit down at it occasionally and have a serious play to see if I can bust it.

So far... absolutely brilliant and no issues.

(Funny thing is... it takes more time getting used to WIN7 than anything else.)

I have loaded all the plug ins and updates etc  for CS5 that I am used to using in previous iterations of PPRO.  No problems in that regard either.

I must get around to fully implementing and integrating  this CS5 suite as I have work planned for it that shoots in the next fortnight.

Perfect jobs for MPE actually.

Includes key bgs and multiple layers  and I have really enjoyed my tests with UltraKey.    (Realtime keying is awesome)

This work I used to do in AEFX  (KeyLight)which was a slower workflow naturally.

• 5. Re: Has this Forum name changed to CS5?
                  Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Sorry for the confusion. It seemed that the "premierepro_current" forum would be best used for the current version, and the "premierepro_previous" for the previous versions.

Here's a post in which I listed the other cleanup tasks that I did today:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2865904#2865904

Is this OK with everyone? I don't want to step on any toes.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Has this Forum name changed to CS5?
                    John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I like things as they are now

And... Hunt... my CS5 is now HERE and on my computer!

• 7. Re: Has this Forum name changed to CS5?
                      shooternz Level 6

As long as I know I wasn't losing my mind I am cool with it.

I like your logic Todd.

(In fact I suggested CS5 was separate forum sometime ago due to the fact that it was a simultaneous Software and Hardware upgrade)

I like my logic too.  (sheer genius)

• 8. Re: Has this Forum name changed to CS5?
                        Stan Jones Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Yeh, Craig and others lost the brief debate about making CS5 its own forum.  The MODs, at least for that period of time, elected not to create a separate CS5.  Craig, Todd appreciates your genius more than those other guys; ha, ha!

The important change (was it at that point or somewhat before?) was the separate hardware forum.  That works very well, and the fact that much of it is about CS5 MPE and 64 bit etc does not mean that there should only be a CS5 forum and no hardware, or that hardware should be a sub set.

CS5 is more like CS4 (target tracks, separate media encoder, and others) than CS4 is like CS3.

In my opinion, it really doesn't matter to most users, and particularly those coming for help.  You go looking for answers by searching, and the structure of the forums is not very important.  It is still pretty difficult to find things using the forum search than using google.  (But, searching through google will find relevant content in the adobe forums.)  "CS5" should appear in any post for a CS5 question, whether it is in the CS5 forum or not.  When CS5 goes to CS6, and all these posts become part of the "pre-CS6 forum," it's still good to know the user was using CS5.

I assume most helpers here read all the premiere forums.  And routinely ask what version if it isn't mentioned.

I just hate the long name of the forum that makes it hard to find the subject!