16 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2012 5:38 AM by Alex_Brown_Adobe RSS

Adobe Application Manager (CS5) - proxy net connection -  can't get updates

Tav Campbell Community Member

Hi-

I'm a volume license purchaser of CS5 Design Premium (Mac) and am currently installing this software in our studio. In this company setup, the Macs live within a larger PC ecosystem and use a .pac file to connect to the net via our company's proxy servers.

I'm having trouble getting updates with the Adobe Application Manager. I can sign in to my Adobe account via the Application Manager - but I can't get any updates for Creative Suite apps. Instead, when the Application Manager starts up, I instantly get the generic error message: "The update server is not responding. The server might be offline temporarily, or the internet or firewall settings may be incorrect. Please try again later."

There is no way to add proxy settings to the Application Manager in its Prefs, but from prior experience the problem is probably caused by this app trying to access a secure server, or use ports, which are blocked by our company firewall.

Has anyone else experienced this one? Can anyone please shed any light on which port/s or secure site/s I might need to open up access to at the company firewall?

Thanks

Tav