Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

database connection fails as "not trusted"

Former Community Member

Hi,

after a few false starts i think i have a remote database setup (postgresql) and a suitable connection via PGNP's oledb provider

it establishes ok as a new data-connection and tests ok BUT when i preview the form it says

connection for source dataConnection failed becuase the environment is not trusted.

i have permitted accross domain access in control panel and dont know what else i need to do?

here is the connection string i am using with [name removed] substituted for client data

Provider=PGNP.1;Integrated Security="";Persist Security Info=True;User ID=[name removed];Initial Catalog=[name removed];Data Source=[name removed];Extended Properties="SQLSERVER=2008;SSL=disable;";Location="";Mode=ReadWrite

an additional difficult is as i am having to use an oledb provider to overcome the 64 bit shortcomings of postgresql (has anyone got anything better to recommend - does mysql have sound 64 bit odbc drivers yet?) i cant set a systm dns for this connection

any ideas

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hello ,

I guess the problem lies in your DSN . What can you try is : Go to the Control Panel - ? Administrative tool -> Data Source (ODBC)  : You will see a dialogue click on the add button for user DSN . Then select appropriate driver then click next .Then specify the Dataconnection name , specify server , give user id password , and specify the Datasource name then click on the Test Connection .If it shows ok , then go to DataView Pallete in the LC then right click on the DataConnection name then select properties . Then in the connection string click on the build .Then select the Data Source name and in the dropdown you should see the DSN you have created . Try this , there is some more steps . If you get success then please let me know . I will tell about other steps .

Thanks.

Bibhu.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hello ,

I guess the problem lies in your DSN . What can you try is : Go to the Control Panel - ? Administrative tool -> Data Source (ODBC)  : You will see a dialogue click on the add button for user DSN . Then select appropriate driver then click next .Then specify the Dataconnection name , specify server , give user id password , and specify the Datasource name then click on the Test Connection .If it shows ok , then go to DataView Pallete in the LC then right click on the DataConnection name then select properties . Then in the connection string click on the build .Then select the Data Source name and in the dropdown you should see the DSN you have created . Try this , there is some more steps . If you get success then please let me know . I will tell about other steps .

Thanks.

Bibhu.

Former Community Member

hi Bubhu,

yes all of that works fine. test is "ok" but still get the same "not trusted" error

can you tell me the next steps please ?

thanks

Level 9

Hello ,

Great !!! .So as a next step in the dataview palette right click on the data connection then click on teh properties.Click on the connection string build . Now click on the Use Data source name . Click on the drop down list and specify your DSN name . Then click test connection then click ok .

Now in the record source click on the Table . Specify the table name from the drop down that you have crated in your data base.Then Click on the next , then give your user id and password and then click ok . This should work fine . Let me know if you have any problem .

Thanks .

Bibhu

Former Community Member

have you defined a user dsn or a system dsn .....I have had success with remote connections when I create a system DSN.

paul

Former Community Member

hi paul - yes it is a system DSN

it is now brining up the not trusted, but showing the first field of the

first record

i have added the host to trusted sites in internet settings, established a

system dsn, am running as administrator, and have authorised across domain

access in internet settings.

a bit of a nuisance.

Former Community Member

Agreed but that is the new world with higher levels of security.

paul

Former Community Member

Thanks Paul.

So my situation is quite simple. I have about 40 forms - they all submit to

a custom process and that data goes into an online database (where all the

user information is aggregated).

What we are trying to get to work now, is that aggregated data flowing back

into a "master form" which requires all the clients aggregated data from the

various little submissions they make across forms 1-10 or whatever.

I was hoping that a simple data connection would be the answer, but if it is

going to have ongoing security issues, and as the front end processes are

all built and stable,

how else should i be thinking about getting that aggregated data into the

forms?

I had wondered about having a query process written outside of livecycle to

produce an xml file of the users combined fields from their record ID? With

the hope that xml information could then (relatively simply - i hope) be

imported as data into the form? I dont know anything about xslt (is it)

though, so was a bit worried about that

I wonder if you have any ideas we could look into ?

thanks paul

Could that

Former Community Member

Paul,

looking at this, or rather the database end, i see postgreSQl (which we use)

has an export as xml with XSD schema function in it's data export toolset.

if we configured the database server to deliver the xml and a schema (by

saving these to a local system directory, or perhaps email these to us),

would it be difficult then have livecycle import that data - it's another

step to design, but would that overcome livecycles reluctance to deal with

online databases? or is this perhaps a complex issue for livecycle too?

really just looking to get our hands on the amalgamated data within a

livecycle doucment....

thanks

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Legal Logic Limited <

Former Community Member

Its hard to say without seeing the XML that is produced. I would be surprised if the form coudl not handle it. Can we create a simpel table and then export the data and give it a try (a quick Proof of Concept).

Once you have that data file are you looking at creating a form with all records displaying at the same time or haveing one record and then navigating through the dataset (liek records in a db)?

Paul

Former Community Member

paul - i think we've got around the issue (as an interim measure)

thanks anyway - appreciated

Level 3

An old post but I've only just started looking into putting data into a database from my forms & have had the same "not trusted" issue.

I was able to create both a User & System DSN but when I came to associate it to my form in Designer, it wasn't listed. Could this be down to my work network or have I missed something out?

Also, I think I've read that we don't need to Extend Reader Rights when exporting data but do if we're importing data into a form - is that right?

Thanks,