1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 13, 2007 3:15 PM by Newsgroup_User

CF 8 / Vista / DW CS3

ssailer Level 1
      I am so frustrated I'm ready to take a huge hammer to my laptop. I just upgraded to Vista, installed CF 8 and DW CS3, and now I can't browse .cfm pages in my browser. I am getting the following error:

Server Error in Application "Default Web Site"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
      Description: The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.

Error Code: 0x8007045a

Notification: ExecuteRequestHandler

Module: IsapiModule

Requested URL: http://localhost/JeffGuertin/index.cfm

Physical Path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\JeffGuertin\index.cfm

Logon User: Anonymous

Logon Method: Anonymous

Handler: cfm pages
      Here is what I have done... I HAVE set up handler mappings in IIS pointing to the following: C:\ColdFusion8\runtime\lib\wsconfig\1\jrun.dll. I also have set up ColdFusion pages in IIS in the ISAPI and CGI Restrictions area.

What the #%*& is going on now? I thought CF 8 was supposed to be compatible with Vista and all of the b.s. wasn't necessary? Please help!!!
        • 1. Re: CF 8 / Vista / DW CS3
          Level 7
          Sounds like the web server connector did not install properly.

Try this.

In Vista click All Programs > Adobe > ColdFusion 8 and then right-click on Web Server Configuration Tool and select Run As
          Administrator

When the Web Server Configuration window opens see if it shows any Configured Web Servers. It should show something like this:

[localhost:coldfusion]Internet Information Server (IIS) All

If it does show that, click on it and then click Remove. If it shows anything else, click on it and then click Remove. If it shows
          nothing, just continue to the Add... step

Click OK when it tells you that your web server is running and you will need to restart it to complete the removal of the JRun
          Connector.

Now click the Add... button and make sure it has this:

JRun Host: localhost
          JRun Server: coldfusion
          Web Server: Internet Information Server (IIS)
          IIS Web Site: All
          and check the box that says Configure web server for ColdFusion 8 applications

Then click OK

A prompt should come up that asks you if you want to restart your web server, click Yes

Click Exit and then try your site again.

--
          Ken Ford
          Adobe Community Expert
          Fordwebs, LLC
          http://www.fordwebs.com

"ssailer" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message news:f9qk5q$csc$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I am so frustrated I'm ready to take a huge hammer to my laptop. I just
          > upgraded to Vista, installed CF 8 and DW CS3, and now I can't browse .cfm pages
          > in my browser. I am getting the following error:
          >
          > Server Error in Application "Default Web Site"
          >
          >
          > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          >
          > HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
          > Description: The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has
          > occurred.
          >
          > Error Code: 0x8007045a
          >
          > Notification: ExecuteRequestHandler
          >
          > Module: IsapiModule
          >
          > Requested URL: http://localhost/JeffGuertin/index.cfm
          >
          > Physical Path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\JeffGuertin\index.cfm
          >
          > Logon User: Anonymous
          >
          > Logon Method: Anonymous
          >
          > Handler: cfm pages
          > **********************************************
          > Here is what I have done... I HAVE set up handler mappings in IIS pointing to
          > the following: C:\ColdFusion8\runtime\lib\wsconfig\1\jrun.dll. I also have
          > set up ColdFusion pages in IIS in the ISAPI and CGI Restrictions area.
          >
          > What the #%*& is going on now? I thought CF 8 was supposed to be compatible
          > with Vista and all of the b.s. wasn't necessary? Please help!!!
          >
          >