1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 4, 2010 12:11 PM by LisaMStump

Air for Android - app "stopped unexpectedly" on launch

LisaMStump

This post should go to Adobe Air for Android forum, but there doesn't seem to be one yet, so here goes:

I've been using Flash Builder 4 and Flash CS5 to develop an Air for Android application. The last android air runtime and sdk I installed was from May 5 and that seemed to work fine.  I decided to upgrade to the June 4th build and now I cannot run my application.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Download and install (upgrade) sdk

CS5

copy it to over existing directory: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS5\AIK2.0

copy C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder  4\sdks\4.0.0\frameworks\libs\air\airglobal.swc to C:\Program  Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS5\Common\Configuration\ActionScript 3.0\AIR2.0

Flash Builder 4

copy it over existing directory C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\sdks\4.0.0

2. Download and install device runtime

uninstall previous Adobe Air runtime from device

from commandline use adb to install new one

3. Change xml file to include new tag versionNumber

4. Publish to generate my application swc file

5. Use command line tool adt to package swc into apk file

6. Uninstall previous copy of app from device

7. Install my application apk file onto device using adb commandline tool

8.  Launch app

RESULTS -> Get immediate dialog titled "Sorry" text: "The application (appname and process) has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again." Button on dialog says: "Force close"

I tried updating my CS5 install.  I tried installing the newly available Adobe Air for Android extension for CS5. I noticed that the extension created an AIK2.5 directory, so I restored my old AIK2.0 directory then copied over the sdk into the AIK2.5 directory.  I have tried creating a HelloWorld application from scratch.  I've tried two devices, the Nexus One and the Incredible. 

AUGH!!