4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2010 3:22 PM by the_wine_snob

Cannot see DVD Templates in PE 3.0

ramblin reck

I am running PE 3.  I go to the Create DVD View and select the Templates icon on the left side.  The templates screen is blank.  I opened three different projects and in all three when I go to Create DVD the template screen is blank.

Any sugestions?

Thanks.

Ramblin Reck

• 1. Re: Cannot see DVD Templates in PE 3.0
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Reck,

Do you have the DVD Templates in their folder on your system? In PrE 4, they are located in the \\Premiere Elements\DVD Templates, and then within a dozen, or so, sub-folders, and will be mostly PSD files, with PNG previews. Not sure where they are installed in PrE 3.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Cannot see DVD Templates in PE 3.0
            ramblin reck Level 1

Last time I made a video, about ten months ago, the templates were there.  I know because I used one of them.   Figured I had accidentally hidden them.  I even tried opening a new project but the templates still did not show. 

are you referring to c:\program files\adobe\adobe premier elements 3.0\     Do not see any DVD templates folder.

This project started out as a slide show from Photoshop Elements if that matters.

RR

• 3. Re: Cannot see DVD Templates in PE 3.0
              the_wine_snob Level 9

When you click on the little + next to the PrE 3 folder, what do you see for sub-folders? Click all +'s to expand all sub-folders, until you only have -'s. Unless PrE 4 departed from the general scheme, they should be there. Now, the sub-folder's names may well have changed, but the general locations probably have not.

Maybe post a screen-cap of Windows Explorer, with all the sub-folders open, to save having to do a bunch of typing.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Cannot see DVD Templates in PE 3.0
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Here is a partial list of my PrE 4 sub-folders, with DVD Templates open, and then a particular sub-forum open to show the file types inside.

PrE4_Templates.jpg

Your view and folder structure should be very similar.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - you might want to do a Search for "generic1_pal_s_mm.psd," or variations on that, like "generic*.psd." I'd narrow that down to the PrE folder, but then expand to the entire C:\, if you are not finding it. That is a common Menu, and should have been in PrE 3.