0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2010 7:23 PM by jny555

New Site setup Error

jny555

Hi, this is my first time posting on Adobe's forums, but I'd  appreciate it if someone could help me out.

I have adobe dreamweaver cs5 installed on 2 computers -- one is running Windows XP 32bit and the other is running Windows 7 64 bit.  The unit with Windows XP 32bit functions properly, unfortunately i'm having major issues with Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 on the Windows 7 64 bit workstation (my primary work station)...

Upon starting Dreamweaver CS5, I goto either "site"->"new site" or use the shortcut for "new site" and try to enter details, and Dreamweaver repeatedly locks up whenever I click any tab (or button) besides "ok" or "cancel".  For instance, I am unable to go to "Advanced" settings without the program basically locking up (it still alows me to hit "cancel", but I can no longer alter the "site name" or anything else). I dont have any of these issues on my laptop with XP.  Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix this major problem?  I've tried using "Troubleshoot Compatibility" and running it as Windows XP sp3, but it doesn't help at all.  I suppose I could try running it on my virtual machine Windows XP on the 64 bit laptop, but I'd really prefer avoiding that option.

Help! (any and all insight is appreciated.)