I just tested on my laptop and everything works fine on my end. Is there any additional detail you can give? Are you using a new schema or just adding a property on top of the existing one?
I have added the fields to the Premiere Pro Project Metadata Set. Please be award that the project contents some 1500 Clips and the schema has been imported from a CS4 template.
It maks it only when some fields are filled and then scrolling with the mouse wheel. I have changed the mouse and the drivers, no change.
As soon as I finish the trimming, I will test it again:
- on annother project already done in CS4 and then converting to CS5
- deleting the added fields in CS5, save the project, recreate the fields and add some infos
Give you feedback asap, JPB
as mentionned, without personal fields the mouse scrolling works fine, with personal fields displayed and filled CS5 crash in all projects.
Screen recorder at:
And the Windows Error:
Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 6/5/2010 3:38:37 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 18.104.22.168, time stamp: 0x4bf119d2
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdfe0
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x000000000000aa7d
Faulting process id: 0xea4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb04bca05dc216
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 067bbcb8-70b0-11df-8286-0024211316a4
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-06-05T14:38:37.000000000Z" />
<Data>Adobe Premiere Pro.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe</Data>
I've forwarded the link on the thread to some folks. If you can find anything else out, please post here.
i have made some more tests:
- Creating a new project in CS5 (not used the template), imported some 150 clips, added a new field; same problem.
- reinstalled PPR CS4, loaded an existing project with additional fields; works fine
- add a new schema and new field to the metadata; works fine
- add a new field to the existing set; works fine
- the problem is not depending of project conversion from CS4 to CS5
- I would exclude a local hardware problem, I have allready tested 3 mouses and the drivers.
- The crash happens only when using the mouse scrolling wheel, the scrolling with the (mouse) coursor works fine.
- The crash is not dependent of modified workspaces ore use of 2 monitors. Have tested it.
Just to exclude other sources I have made the tests once with CUDA support enabled and disabled.
longtime ago, the problem is still not solved?!
The Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.2) update fixes several crashing issues. Perhaps it will fix yours.
When you have updated Premiere Pro CS5, let us know whether your problem is fixed.
See this page for details about the Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.2) update:
Please report bugs that persist after the update here: