5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2010 3:06 AM by czer27

Uninstall Adobe Reader 9.3.2 in Windows 7 Pro

czer27

In Windows 7 Pro I have the Adobe Reader 9.3.2 three times and want to uninstall 2 Readers.

Over "Add or remove programs" I cannot remove the Adobe Readers, because no one Reader is existing there.

In the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility version 5.5 I find only one Reader. I can it remove, but after this the Reader is on its old place. And the second Reader, I want to remove, appears not. Is the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility not suited for Windows 7?

What can I do to uninstall 2 from 3 Adobe Readers?

• 1. Re: Uninstall Adobe Reader 9.3.2 in Windows 7 Pro
          pwillener Level 8

I don't understand - how / where do you have 3 Readers?

• 2. Re: Uninstall Adobe Reader 9.3.2 in Windows 7 Pro
            czer27 Level 1

First I had installed the Adobe Reader 9.0 en_US. Then Secunia PSI gave me an incremental update to version 9.3.2, but in german. That was not to install. So I have downloaded the Adobe Reader 9.0 in german and then the incremental update to 9.3.2 in german.

Both Adobe Readers, en_US and german, are installed in C:\Program Files\Adobe. Both Adobe Readers I can start, but they do not appear in "Add or Remove Programs".

So I tried to download and install the Adobe Reader 9.0  the third times, to see it appears in "Add or Remove Programs".

But the problem stays. This Adobe Reader I also can start and see in C:\Program Files\Adobe, but not in "Add or Remove Programs".

This is enough from Adobe Reader, I think, and I tried to remove 2 from 3 Adobe Readers.

But the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility cannot remove the redundant Adobe Readers and an uninstall.exe in the Adobe folder I cannot find.

• 3. Re: Uninstall Adobe Reader 9.3.2 in Windows 7 Pro
              pwillener Level 8

Thank you for the additional explanation, but - sorry - I still don't get it.

Adobe Reader 9.x is by default installed at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader, and the name is always AcroRd32.exe whether it is the English, German, or Japanese version.  So you cannot have more than one Reader version installed in that folder.

However, if you mean the installers, like AdbeRdr90_de_DE.exe or AdbeRdr930_en_US.exe - these you can simply delete after the installation.

Regarding the 9.3.2 update AdbeRdrUpd932_all_incr.msp - this is a multilingual update; it will update any language version of Adobe Reader; there is no specific German version of the update.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Uninstall Adobe Reader 9.3.2 in Windows 7 Pro
                pwillener Level 8

Regarding the incremental updates: you cannot update 9.3.0 directly to 9.3.2 - you must first update 9.3.1, then 9.3.2; thats why they're called incremental updates (as opposed to cumulative updates).

You can download these updates from

Again, these updates will install on any language version of Adobe Reader.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Uninstall Adobe Reader 9.3.2 in Windows 7 Pro
                  czer27 Level 1

snap0005.jpgMany thanks for your helpful advices!

Now I know, that after 9.3.0 first must be installed 9.3.1 and second 9.3.2. I see, this was the error and not the en_US/german problem.

I have prepared 3 screenshots of my Windows 7, to show you, that I have 3 Adobe Readers in my Adobe folder under C:\Program Files (x86).

Please see snap0003.jpg with the three Adobe Readers. In snap0004.jpg can you see my Add or Remove Programs: Adobe Reader is not existing.

In snap0005.jpg is a screenshot from Secunia PSI. I had the Adobe Reader 9.3.0 and they offer me the update to 9.3.2! That brings me an update error.

But my problem is, how can I uninstall 2 of 3 Adobe Readers. What can you say me to this problem?snap0003.jpgsnap0004.jpg