4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2011 11:35 AM by the_wine_snob

System Requirements for 64 bit - Xeon systems support???

ShouldISwitch

Hi everyone,

I'm a Vegas Studio Platinum weekend hobbyist and I'm thinking about making the switch to a CS5 environment. I have a trial version of Premiere Pro CS5, but unfortunately it keeps crashing when I try playing MJPEG videos from the timeline. The videos have been captured using Black Magic's Intensity Pro card and Media Express, and I'm able to work with them in my old Vegas Studio Platinum environment, but when I try it on Premiere Pro it crashes consistently just playing them from the timeline. The videos are MJPEGs 1080p-29.97...

I'm hoping to resolve this soon so I can decide if I should switch before my trial expires. Any help will be extremely appreciated!

Here's a little more on my system:

It's a dual Xeon 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate with 24 GB of ram, and raid 0 drives (at 5000 rpm though...)

When the system crashes, it gives this error:

*****************    Windows Error details    *******************
      Problem signature:
        Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
        Application Name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
        Application Version: 5.0.1.0
        Application Timestamp: 4bf119d2
        Fault Module Name: BMDCOD~4.DLL
        Fault Module Version: 7.6.3.0
        Fault Module Timestamp: 4becefcb
        Exception Code: c0000005
        Exception Offset: 000000000006652d
        OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
        Locale ID: 1033
        Additional Information 1: d713
        Additional Information 2: d7136e633dbf36cf0f2afcf0764dde29
        Additional Information 3: 0359
        Additional Information 4: 0359abbdd1f5eff106f8f21f0985cd29
      Read our privacy statement online:
        http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409
      If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
        C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

The system requirements page for a 64bit windows system only lists Core 2 duo, and AMD processors, but I'm guessing that can't be right as Adobe would be leaving out most of the best processors currently on the market (i7, Xeon, etc.)

I'm also starting to suspect the drives may be the problem as they are Raid 0, but 5000 rpm older drives. But don't want to spend the time and money before finding out for sure...

Thanks again for any pointers on this one!!!