Please can you help?
I recently bought a new mini mac and I have reinstalled Dreamweaver 8.02.
When I try to open my existing files they will not open. I have noticed that when I try to open them through dreamweaver an additional character is at the beginning of the file name. For instance where it should be index.html it is ._index.html. However when I locate the file through finder it is index.html and it opens correctly.
Files with underscores are Spotlight index files/ preview files for Finder. Normally they are invisible in the default configuration of OSX. as to why DW is showing them in place of the genuine files is a mystery, but you may try tools like OnyX or your system's Repair Permissions utility to get to the bottom of this...
Thanks for your reply. I sorted it out myself by opening dreamweaver, opening managing sites and then adding my sites as new. When I opened the files through dreamweaver there were 2 sets of files one lot with the prefix ._ and the others with out. I deleted the ._ ones and it all seems to ok now.
Best wishes Mary Ann :-)