2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2010 7:31 AM by John T Smith Branched from an earlier discussion.

I can barely get PE8 to work

Christopher J O

I purchased a HP Pavillion Elite 9220 with 9MG of Ram, an Intel i7 2.67GHz, 1 Terabite of memory.  I can barely get PE8 to work on it.

When I called tech support on Tuesday the tech told me that I cannot run the program because I was getting the video off the camera.  I moved the vid to the computer.  When I called this morning I was told that my processor was not fast enough to run HD Video. I spent quite some time trying to upgrade my computer to a faster processor.  When I called back tech support they told me that my computer is too upscale for PE8.  They said that there are no plans to upgrade the software to 64bit.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

• 1. Re: Is PE7 compatable with windows 7 64bit?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Can you please tell us all about the files that your camera produces? The make & model of the camera will be very useful too. If you need to find more info about the files produced, then the great, free utility, G-SPOT, will get you that info. It would probably be best to just post screen-caps for the G-Spot GUI, to give us all info and save you a bunch of typing.

It would also be useful to get a bit more info on your system, such as the number of physical HDD's, their speed, size, amount of free space, controller type and how you have them allocated. Also, if you have any partitions, please mention those.

What problems are you having, and do you get any error messages? If so, please furnish the full details and text of those error messages.

Also, you mention talking to Tech Support, and getting some odd, at best, comments from them. Is this Adobe Technical Support, or HP Technical Support?

I would probably have been better to start a new post, as there is a lot of old, and useless to you, info, plus many replies. Maybe Steve can branch your post out to a new thread, to keep thing easier to follow.

Good luck, and we'll be looking for that info,

Hunt

• 2. Re: I can barely get PE8 to work
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is aimed at Premiere Pro, but may help
            A link with many ideas about computer setup http://forums.adobe.com/thread/436215?tstart=0

Work through all of the steps (ideas) listed at http://ppro.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting

If your problem isn't fixed after you follow all of the steps, report back with ALL OF THE DETAILS asked for in the FINALLY section, the questions at the end of the troubleshooting link... most especially the codec used... see Question 1

PS - Editing with only 1 hard drive is not going to work very well