3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2010 10:24 AM by afflictedd2

extracting math from a PDF

afflictedd2

Hi everyone,

There is some math in a PDF I have, and I would like to extract the formulas from it,

because I need them for a presentation. I was wondering. Is it possible to extract them

somehow with illustrator. I have tried opening the PDF on Illustrator but the font for the

formulas is completely messed up. I also have the tex file that generates the PDF.

Any ideas,

Ted.

• 1. Re: extracting math from a PDF
          afflictedd2 Level 1

No one knows how fix this annoying font problem?

I really need to be able to use that latex math..

Is there another tool that does it?

Ted

• 2. Re: extracting math from a PDF
            JETalmage Level 6

You're not getting any responses because it's not clear what you are trying to do.

Do you simply need an image of an equation as it appears in a PDF to use in some other program?

Are you trying to extract text from a PDF that uses a font that is not resident on your system?

Are you trying to access the code of a functional object in an interactive PDF?

State exactly what you have and what you are trying to do with it. Include the names of any and all programs involved. Post the PDF somewhere so others can get to it to see exactly what you are dealing with.

JET

• 3. Re: extracting math from a PDF
              afflictedd2 Level 1

Yes.. umm I find it's actually better to open the document because

I can play with the actual characters as paths. Anyhow I'm getting

some characters to display correctly, but some do not and I get

the following warning:

Picture 1.png

I attach the pdf that I'm trying to open in illustrator as well

http://www.easy-share.com/1910927495/latex-image-1.pdf (there's not attaching button, or I didn't see it so I put it there)

any help appreciated,

Ted.