1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 14, 2007 6:50 PM by Newsgroup_User

Template not changing after updating

Breezy Cam

Hi There

I am just starting out with CS3 and it is like nothing I have ever experienced before. I have several problems which I just cannot work through and I am wondering if they are all linked to one simple reasoning - that I need to do a basic course which tells me all these basic points.

- My templates have always updated fine until now.

1. I have one site that the title will not change on the other pages that are based on the template, so when I change the title from main template to services and hit enter, it justs goes straight back to saying main template.
      2. I have another site that I changed the bottom navigation table and now it won't update in the other pages.
      3. I have yet another site that I changed the background, so that it now has a Fireworks background that I saved and imported. That came out fine on the template page, but then when I added new pages and updated the other pages, they wouldn't show the new background
      There are a couple of tables in this template and the text comes out different on some of the other pages to that on the actual template page - why does this happen? It is so frustrating. I haven't messed around with it. I just insert the table, write in the text and then edit the text to the size and colour. So, why is it inconsistent?

I have heaps of other questions as well, but will maybe just post them as they become on the desperate list. I do wonder though, if there are some things that are basic knowledge that I need to know because I seem to be wasting alot of unnecessary time trying to work things out that seem basic.

• 1. Re: Template not changing after updating
          Level 7
          On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 01:24:16 +0000 (UTC), "Breezy Cam"
          <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

>
          >
          > Hi There
          >
          > I am just starting out with CS3 and it is like nothing I have ever experienced
          >before. I have several problems which I just cannot work through and I am
          >wondering if they are all linked to one simple reasoning - that I need to do a
          >basic course which tells me all these basic points.
          >
          > - My templates have always updated fine until now.
          >
          > 1. I have one site that the title will not change on the other pages that are
          >based on the template, so when I change the title from main template to
          >services and hit enter, it justs goes straight back to saying main template.
          > 2. I have another site that I changed the bottom navigation table and now it
          >won't update in the other pages.
          > 3. I have yet another site that I changed the background, so that it now has a
          >Fireworks background that I saved and imported. That came out fine on the
          >template page, but then when I added new pages and updated the other pages,
          >they wouldn't show the new background
          > There are a couple of tables in this template and the text comes out different
          >on some of the other pages to that on the actual template page - why does this
          >happen? It is so frustrating. I haven't messed around with it. I just insert
          >the table, write in the text and then edit the text to the size and colour.
          >So, why is it inconsistent?
          >
          > I have heaps of other questions as well, but will maybe just post them as they
          >become on the desperate list. I do wonder though, if there are some things
          >that are basic knowledge that I need to know because I seem to be wasting alot
          >of unnecessary time trying to work things out that seem basic.
          >
          >

If you really do want help, take one site at a time. Post the URL and
          the problems you're having that are specific to that site.

Chances are folks will be able to help you.

Win
          --
          Win Day, Wild Rose Websites
          http://www.wildrosewebsites.com
          winday@NOSPAMwildrosewebsites.com
          Skype winifredday