1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 14, 2007 10:36 PM by Newsgroup_User

Not sure which product to use

Adobe_Virgin
      I have never used any of the Adobe products, so I'm very confused about all of the offerings and what is right for me. I have layed out my website on paper and I want to put it in an electronic form and submit with my requirements for getting my site built. I know how many pages I need, what I want on each page, what page will link to what page, etc. What I would like to do is layout every page in my website and write the content and then have a designer help me with the colors and look and feel and have a developer connect everything together and make it work. Overall, I will need a CMS system and a shopping cart, and a bit of video. In order to document my website electronically and submit it with my written requirements, what's the best Adobe product to use? Someone suggested that I use Fireworks. Also, please note that I am not a programmer and I've never used Adobe products. I'm quite comfortable using all of the Office products. I'm hoping that I can find something that I can teach myself fairly quickly and get the site documented. The tutorials I've seen so far all bring in a page and then start editing it. I am starting from a blank slate.

Thanks for your help.
        • 1. Re: Not sure which product to use
          Level 7
          On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 04:35:26 +0000 (UTC), "Adobe Virgin"
          <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

>I have never used any of the Adobe products, so I'm very confused about all of
          >the offerings and what is right for me. I have layed out my website on paper
          >and I want to put it in an electronic form and submit with my requirements for
          >getting my site built. I know how many pages I need, what I want on each page,
          >what page will link to what page, etc. What I would like to do is layout every
          >page in my website and write the content and then have a designer help me with
          >the colors and look and feel and have a developer connect everything together
          >and make it work. Overall, I will need a CMS system and a shopping cart, and a
          >bit of video. In order to document my website electronically and submit it
          >with my written requirements, what's the best Adobe product to use? Someone
          >suggested that I use Fireworks. Also, please note that I am not a programmer
          >and I've never used Adobe products. I'm quite comfortable using all of the
          >Office products. I'm hoping that I can find something that I can teach myself
          >fairly quickly and get the site documented. The tutorials I've seen so far all
          >bring in a page and then start editing it. I am starting from a blank slate.
          >
          > Thanks for your help.

So you're creating a site specification, not a site?

Use Visio or SmartDraw or any other flow charting application to lay
          out the hierarchy.

Use Word to document your requirements.

Then email me at winday at wildrosewebsites dot com and we'll go from
          there.

Seriously, you don't need the Adobe suite of products if you're not
          going to be building the thing. Focus on your business and what you
          do best, and hire someone who can work with you to create your
          website.

(And if you don't want to learn how to use a flowcharting application,
          I do have a fax number...)

Win
          --
          Win Day, Wild Rose Websites
          http://www.wildrosewebsites.com
          winday@NOSPAMwildrosewebsites.com
          Skype winifredday