3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2010 8:05 AM by Jim_Babbage

Tim Moynihan

Tim Moynihan

I am using Classroom in a Book as a reference, and can find no way to create a button rollover effect by following their instructions. Specifically, after creating and naming the button the instruction is to "Click away from the button using the Pointer tool" and then in the Property Inspector, to choose Over from the State menu. The only thing I can get is "State 1" with no options.

I supect this has something to do with the automatic adding of a slice because after Create > Symbol > Button there is no slice appearing in the Web Layer nor any reference in the State panel.

Can anyone help?

• 1. Re: Tim Moynihan
          Jim_Babbage Level 4

Hi Tim:  You need to be in Button editing mode to see more than one state. Sounds like you're just viewing the instance on the canvas.  To get to button editing mode, double-click on the button. The trick with creating/editing the additional states is that no objects be selected on the canvas. When nothing is active, you will see the States menu in the Properties panel.  Button symbols will not show any states in the standard states panel, because they are sort of "self-contained". You won't see more than one state unless you are in button editing mode. You should however, see the slice.  HTH

• 2. Re: Tim Moynihan
            Tim Moynihan Level 1

Hi Jim,

Many thanks for your very prompt advice. I am an absolute newbie; but the only real problem I have come across so far is the construction of the buttons. I will work on this tomorrow.

Much appreciated,

• 3. Re: Tim Moynihan
              Jim_Babbage Level 4

Let me know if you have any more problems. And if there is something which is not clear in the book, I want to know that as well, for future versions.

Jim Babbage