4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2010 11:19 AM by jamesbach

Mysterious downgrading from Prem to Standard edition

jamesbach

Good Morning Gang...  I started life a few days ago as a Premimun User and for some unknown reason I have been downgraded to the Standard edition which does not allow the network monitor to function - I went back to the standalone download site and asked for another copy but it just sits there - on manual download I just get a repeating cycle.... any ideas - I still have a copy in my downloads container but it is not responding .... Life in the fast lane. Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks, Jim

• 1. Re: Mysterious downgrading from Prem to Standard edition
          llin Adobe Employee

Hi jamesbach,

Are you talking about Flash builder 4? If it is, then that usually means the trail version is expired. The trail version is a premium edition with limited timeframe. Once it is expired, it becomes a standard edition which doesn’t include some of the advanced feature like network monitor. If you want to keep using premium edition, you will need to have a valid license number. Once you get the license, follow the steps below to activate it:

1.       From the flash builder, click on the “help” menu, then select “deactivate flash builder”, then close the flash builder.

2.       Restart the flash builder, it will prompt you for license number. Input the number and save it. Now the premium edition should be enabled.

If you still have questions/problem regarding this, we can open a support case for you. Thanks.

• 2. Re: Mysterious downgrading from Prem to Standard edition
            jamesbach Level 1

I must be really living in the fast lane - the package expired exactly 60 minutes after the download - not the 60 days as was expected... any ideas on a fix - should I disable it and try my key again to see what happens - need reassurance that I can get another copy from you guys before I toast it.

And I was making such headway ---  I saw the light - I was actually getting it .... you can't leave me in this limbo place for long ... its cold and wet.  Take care, JIm

• 3. Re: Mysterious downgrading from Prem to Standard edition
              llin Adobe Employee

Hi Jim,

Did you by any chance install CS5 after you installed FB4?

In order for us to help you, we will need a little more info about your installation, for example, did you install the FB 4 outside CS5 installation, etc.  In any case, here is a link may help you understand what's going on:

http://bloginblack.de/2010/05/adobe-master-collection-cs5-breaks-flash-builder-4-premium-a nd-how-to-fix-it/

If you need assistance regarding this, we will happy to open a support case for you so that someone can walk you through it.

• 4. Re: Mysterious downgrading from Prem to Standard edition
                jamesbach Level 1

I do not have CS5 installed - or any other adobe product that I know of other than FB4 - Air &  Shockwave.  I tried the link - used the information correctly I think - but Flashbuilder 4 keeps coming back as a standard user template.  Perhaps it would be wise to set up a support file so that someone could walk me thru this properly -  Thanks, Jim