• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No CSS Design View?

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2010 Jun 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a guy that usually likes to style apps using an external CSS and selecting a component to style, and having a way to add that component's properties/styles to edit.

Flash Builder 4 has done away with this, but to me it feels like it's going BACKWARDS.. but it's probably something I'm missing, so I'd appreciate the way people are using it...

So right now it seems like I can set styles ON a component, and then MOVE it to the existing CSS file I have, but I want to make sure that this doesn't leave ANYTHING within the code view that is styled? I tested it and it seemed to leave backgroundColor in the mxml declaration.

On top of that, there's no autocomplete for any CSS in the CSS view?

Just seems for CSS view you're somewhat stuck to doing it all by hand again...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2010 Jun 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What SDK version are you using?

Let me start with the easy questions.

• Autocomplete in CSS
    Code hinting is supported in the CSS editor. If you're in a Flex 4 project, make sure you're using namespace qualified type selectors http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/CSS+Namespaces+Support. That's the typical problem people have during the transition.
  • CSS Design View
    There are a few reasons why CSS Design View isn't supported for Flex 4. Flex 4 skinning, in many cases, replaces CSS styles. For example, backgroundColor isn't supported for every component. For more information, see http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/More+Styles+for+Spark+Skins or the Flex 4 reference http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/using/index.html. CSS Design View is supported for SDK 3 projects, but not for SDK 4.

Can you explain in more detail what you mean about setting styles on a component and moving them to a CSS file? Sounds like you're using Design view to set styles in MXML then convert them to CSS declarations. This should be fine since Design view should only let you set valid style properties.

Jason San Jose

Software Engineer, Flash Builder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2010 Nov 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jason -

What CSS editor are you referring to?  I'm using Flash Builder 4, and when I open a css document, it's just the regular Eclipse text editor.  I don't see a CSS perspective or view in any of the menus.  The normal Flash Editing perspective seems to have "code hinting" only for the names of elements, i.e., you type "s|" and it brings up the list of Spark components.  But there's no hinting for the actual properties of those elements, which is what I would really like.  Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines