1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 9, 2010 8:10 AM by Deyerle Melody

Scripting Movie Poster Type

Deyerle Melody

Hello Adobe Community,

I wrote a script that "converts" all streaming videos to embedded videos; however, after I set each video's filePath, it loses its poster.  I have a line of code that is supposed to set the moviePosterType to the first frame of the movie:

myPageItems[i].moviePosterType = 1298558310; //FROM_MOVIE

where myPageItems[i] is an instanceof a Movie from my app.activeDocument.allPageItems

Here is the bulk of the code and all of it appears to work, barring setting the movie poster type.

function embedVideos() {

var myFilePath = "the real file path would be here";

var myDelimiter = "/";

var myPageItems = app.activeDocument.allPageItems;

var myUrlPath;

var count = 0;

for (var i = 0; i < myPageItems.length; i++) {

if (myPageItems[i] instanceof Movie) {

if (myPageItems[i].filePath) {

} else {

myUrlPath = myPageItems[i].url;

myUrlPath = myUrlPath.split(myDelimiter);

myPageItems[i].filePath = myFilePath + myUrlPath[myUrlPath.length-1];

myPageItems[i].moviePosterType = 1298558310; //FROM_MOVIE

count++;

}

}

} //end for-loop

return alert(count + " videos will be converted to embedded.");

} //end function embedVideos

For debugging purposes, after each attempt to set the movie poster type, an alert() says the poster type is "NONE," unless I manually set the poster, then it will say "FROM_MOVIE."  My goal is to automatically set the movie poster type, otherwise someone would need to click on every video to set it.  Thanks in advance for any insight or ideas!

• 1. Re: Scripting Movie Poster Type
          Deyerle Melody Level 1

I was thinking a possible solution would be to automate/script the process a user would normally complete through the menu system.  To set a poster to "From Current Frame," a user would open the Media panel, click on the "Poster:" drop-down, and select "From Current Frame."

After looking through the available Menu Names and Menu Actions, the only handles I see available are "Media," "Video from URL...," and "PDF Options...."  Does anyone know if I can access the Media > Poster > From Current Frame option through scripting?

Thanks for any ideas!