1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 9, 2010 10:02 AM by Waterdog66

Flex Project Compiler Options Keep Reverting

Waterdog66

I have recently installed Flash Player 10.0.45.2 as well as the debugging Plugin for IE. I am developing under Windows 7 64-bit which might to be the root of my troubles. (Max OSX and Windows 7 32 bit do not seem to experience the numerous issues I am having including this one)

When I set the "Require Flash Player Version" to 10.0.0, the application works great and I am able to use some of the new features specific to 10.0.45.2. But the next time I load my workspace, the version has reverted back to 9.x and my project no longer builds. A related issue is that once I have accessed the "Compiler Options" screen once, it will always be blank for the rest of my session. (Blank until I shut down and restart)

The only way I have been able to get the project to build and run at all is to set the version to 10.0.0. (10.0.452 just loads a blank screen) This happens on both Windows 7 64 bit as well as OSX.

Again, I don't have the revert problem on OSX.

I know that Eclipse has numerous reported problems with 64 bit windows including Windows Vista and Windows 7 but I am not so sure this is related.

Any ideas?

Developing on my Mac is an option but since our build machine is Windows 7, every time I check in a change, I will break the build.

Cheers

• 1. Re: Flex Project Compiler Options Keep Reverting
          Waterdog66 Level 1

This is really becoming a pain since every time I get into FlexBuilder, I have to hit my project and set the required version back to 10.0.0. (It keeps reverting to 9.x) Since I am using the new FileReference enhancements in Flash10, this is mandatory to avoid compiler errors.

I still have no way to automate the build process since there is nothing on the build machine to perform this action.

Any help would be greatly appreciated