I have been using Adobe Premiere and AE,PS and A Encore for a while now, started long before Encore was here, I wasn't very decided on what to do and did not want to spend in building a decent system since this was only a part time to me and a learning curv. Now I am holding to this as my only way of income and I get to take it seriously.
I have put together this system and at the end of my post I would like to ask a few questions which I will review and hopefully get a perfect system for what I do, let me also point out that I do not even have a HD camcorder but plans are to get one very soon, so I am basicaly working on standard Def videos from my SYNY DSR250 and my Canon XL2, I do upconvert clips from time to times for demonstration purposes.
Case: COOLER MASTER COSMOS 1000 RC-1000-KSN1-GP Black/ Silver Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail
CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601950 - Retail
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower W0133RU 1200W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power ... - Retail
RAM: CORSAIR XMS3 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model HX3X12G1600C9 G - Retail
Mobo: EVGA E758-A1 3-Way SLI (x16/x16/x8) LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Graphic: PNY Quadro FX 4800 VCQFX4800-PCIE-PB Quadro FX 4800 1.5GB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 SLI ... - Retail
Cooling: Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 120mm SSO CPU Cooler - Retail
OS: Win 7 Ultimate edition x64
Software: Adobe Creative suite CS5 Production Premium
1) What are your thoughts about this system and what could I change to make it better?
2) What are things I need to tweak in my system to get the most out of the CS5 software?
3) Any treak to increase performance? or, I have a set of 3 WD Velocity Raptor 10RPM in raid zero set up and I have set 3 partitions to it, 200GB for OS, 400GB for Capture and about 300GB for my preview drive, I also have 2x 1TB WD Black running in normal mode where I keep most of graphics effects and others. Is there anything better than this?
4) I managed to do my RAID set up but I am afraid to tweak my system as far as over clocking RAM and CPU, I have found tutorials around but thay are not to clear and maybe for more advance users, I am not a pro but I have a good understanding of how this work and also built this system myself. is there any site or video that shows how to tweak my CPU and RAM to increase performance? I may not need more performance right now but is good to know since I may needed in the coming days...HD will be my next stop.
and las but not least...
5) What video camcorder would you recomend for Wedding and Sweet 16 projects? I have been looking at the Panasonic HPX500 but the package is running above my budget, ( $US18,500 ), I am also very happy with quality picture I can get out of my DSR 250 only thing is not a HD and upconvert would not be a choice for such long projects.
Guys I appreciate your time to read and to best advice me.