What do you mean by repeated slices?
A sample FW PNG file will be much more helpful than a screen shot of the Properties panel. Can you make your file available?
In the meantime, this link may be helpful:
here is my layout: I left only two slices for this example
here is my export result -lack of css rule for repeat slice
I will describe in few steps how I have done my export.
1. I have made my layout with all needed slices.
2. then I set properties for slices - some of them should be display few times as repeated background - so I choose repeat-y in properties panel.
3. then I exported layout as "images and css"
4. and finally I have opened exported files (html + css) in Dreamweaver and it turns out that slice doesn't display because fireworks didn't create the css rule.
Ok well 1st off, yo can't do both exports. If you want a CSS layout, export as CSS and Images. HTML and image only produces a rigid table based layout, where every image is inline. The background slice option does not work for HTML and Images export.
As far as the actual document is concerned, there are a few things to consider:
In order for Fireworks to create repeating backgrounds, it has to KNOW what container the graphic is being repeated in. You've placed bitmap images on the canvas, which are not recognized as any type of container when Fireworks exports the design. As soon as I drew a rectangle for the lower slice, and then exported the design again, the image was repeated inside that newly created div container.
For the menu, you really needed three slices, one for each end and a repeating image for the middle. Again, if you add a rectangle (NOT a bitmap image) and set the stroke and fill to none, Fireworks will interpret those vectors as divs, and then export the design accordingly. I've zipped up my version of the PNG, along with the export results. Email me offlist and I will send yo the files.
1. I used export option "CSS and images" . I didn't export it as "HTML and Images"
For the menu, you really needed three slices, one for each end and a repeating image for the middle.
2. The horizontal slice of the menu wasn't good example - I know that menu should be sliced difrently
- It was only quick example of export - not a final design.
Now I know where I did mistake - I've imported bitmap images from PSD
That's why Fireworks didn't recognize bitmap images as any type of container.
Thanks for your help.