thanks for the reply, but that doesn't seem to have any effect
Yeah sorry thats going from illustrator to another program. Tried opening the pdf in acrobat and resaving it? whats the other program your using?
Which application are you using to generate these PDF files?
What all export options for PDF files does this app provide?
yep, tried saving in acrobat, also tried using a few repair and optimization tools. We are exporting the pdfs from an in house application using a 3rd party library gl2ps. We had no problems with CS, but CS3-5 have the issue.
below are the list of export options, we have tried all the options that look like they may have some effect.
- The background frame is drawn in the plot.
- A small offset is added in the z-buffer to all the lines in the plot. This is a simplified version of the GL2PS_POLYGON_OFFSET_FILL functionality (cf. section 2.5), putting all the lines of the rendered image slightly in front of their actual position. This thus performs a simple anti-aliasing solution, e.g. for finite-element-like meshes.
- All the messages written by GL2PS on the error stream are suppressed.
- The construction of the BSP tree is optimized by choosing the root primitives leading to the minimum number of splits.
- All the text strings are suppressed from the output stream. This is useful to produce the image part of a LATEX plot.
- All the pixmaps are suppressed from the output stream.
- The plot is output in landscape orientation instead of portrait.
- (for PostScript output only) No use is made of the shfill PostScript level 3 operator. Using shfill enhances the plotting of smooth shaded primitives but can lead to problems when converting PostScript files into PDF files. See also options nr, ng, nbbelow.
- Blending (transparency) is disabled alltogether (regardless of the current GL_BLEND or GL2PS_BLEND status).
- All the hidden polygons are removed from the output, thus substantially reducing the size of the output file.
- The current OpenGL viewport is used instead of viewport.
- The viewport is ignored and the the plot is generated with a tight bounding box, i.e., a bounding box enclosing as tightly as possible all the OpenGL entities in the scene.
- The output stream is compressed.
Try altering these options one by one::
i gave those a try, but no luck,