6 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2014 5:25 PM by s-d-c2

Premiere Pro has encountered an error message

DavidHBrandon

Hello, I keep getting this message everytime I try to open premiere pro cs5. It says Premiere Pro has encountered an error

[/Scully64/shared/adobe/MediaCore/ASL/Foundation/Make/Mac/../..Src/DirectoryRegistry.cpp-2 83]

Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

Thanks, Brandon.

• 1. Re: Premiere Pro has encountered an error message
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Welcom to the forum.

PR is not compatible with Linux. Or are you using something else? If you want help, help us help you.

Look here: Some suggestions... and answer at least the 16 questions at the end of the Wiki article.

• 2. Re: Premiere Pro has encountered an error message
            Kenneth Ljusdal

It is a mac error you get in Premier Pro as well dont think this is linux at all.

Iam currently looking in to the error will come back when i got more information about it.

• 3. Re: Premiere Pro has encountered an error message
              Kenneth Ljusdal Level 1

David can you try to reinstall Premier pro on a newAdministrator account ?.

And what Mac OS X do you have ?? Eks. 10.6.2

• 4. Re: Premiere Pro has encountered an error message
                RickD75

Hi,

Did you find a solution tho this error?

My daughter has the same error message [/Scully64/shared/adobe/MediaCore/ASL/Foundation/Make/Mac/../..Src/Dir ectoryRegistry.cpp-283] on launching Premiere Pro Cs5 on her MacBook Pro using OS X 10.6.4 & have uninstalled , used cleanup tool , reinstalled (several times) on her Admin user account , reset Disk permissions , checked for Font errors all with no luck.

Does anyone have an answer ?

Thanks, Rick

• 5. Re: Premiere Pro has encountered an error message
                  ENIGMA36

Had this problem too, after many hours here was the fix

There was a problem in applications support   (goto   FINDER, then LIBRARY, then APPLICATION SUPPORT)

Copy APPLICATION SUPPORT to desk top, reboot,

Open premiere pro, (should start up)

Copy APPLICATION SUPPORT (the one on your desk top) back into original APPLICATION SUPPORT (but don't replace, this way you don't copy the bad folders back in)

Hope this works for everyone

• 6. Re: Premiere Pro has encountered an error message
                    s-d-c2

The answer in my case was simple: if you use certain video converters (such as HandBrake) to convert video from a video camera to something Premiere can import, sometimes the converter sets the framerate to 90,000 frames per second (such as HandBrake does). (NOTE! I don't know which software is at fault, or if it's a combination of both, only the end results.)

If you try and import that video into Premiere, one of two things happens: the video is at 90,000 FPS, and less than a second long... or the above error occurs, and in my case, Premiere crashes to the desktop. I've seen it do both. But in both cases the fix is the same ---

If I go into the settings in Handbrake, and instead of leaving 'framerate' set on 'source', manually set it to (29.97, or whatever the source actually WAS)... then you re-encode it, and like magic - it imports into Premiere and no longer shows that error message.

Note that in other video editing software, the same source files will work just fine.

It's something specific to Premiere (or the video file, and how Premiere sees it) that causes this issue.