5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2010 5:47 AM by ChrisN45

Problem with installing camera raw 3.7

natalija17

Can somebody help me?I was trying to install camera raw 3.7 but the option for launching it still is disabled..i cant figure out where is the problem...can somebody explain me a little bit more about installing camera raw?i moved the camera raw.8bi into another folder but then i got confussed..it seems to me as camera raw.8bi and camera raw plug in are the same,...from then on i coulnt find the way out!!please can somebody explain me about the process!!thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Problem with installing camera raw 3.7
          dorin_nicolaescu Level 5

What version of Photoshop?

Why ACR 3.7? Any special attraction to this particular version?

EDIT: Oh yes, and what system are your running?

P.S. I have a big collection of ACRs here. It was very interesting to see the progress in raw conversion over the years.

acr.png

• 2. Re: Problem with installing camera raw 3.7
            b_gossweiler Level 5

dorin_nicolaescu wrote:

P.S. I have a big collection of ACRs here. It was very interesting to see the progress in raw conversion over the years.

You seem to be a collecting character, Dorin, as I am also Harddisk manufacturers love us!

Beat

• 3. Re: Problem with installing camera raw 3.7
              Level 4

Natalja,

It seems you are on CS2, in which case ACR 3.7 is indeed the last version to run with it.

To install the latest plug-in put it right where the older one was, and COMPLETELY DELETE the old one; just renaming it won't do, nor will moving it to a different folder anywhere near the path will be sufficient.  If you want to keep the old one, move it to your documents or data folder, FAR AWAY from the application.  You could even keep just a zipped version of it.

natalija17 wrote:

…then i got confussed..it seems to me as camera raw.8bi and camera raw plug in are the same…

?

If you ended up with a file called "Camera Raw.plugin" you may have inadvertently downloaded the Macintosh version of the plug-in by mistake.  If that's the case and if you are on Windows, download the Windows version now.

Look at Dorin's screen shot for the proper name of the latest file you need for Windows:

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-2880256-30401/acr.png

Wo Tai Lao Le

我太老了

• 4. Re: Problem with installing camera raw 3.7
                natalija17 Level 1

As you said i deleted the old version and then pasted camera raw.8bi from the downloaded folder into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS2\File Formats(probably i did the right thingxD)..after this i ran photoshop ,went to bridge and tried to open a picture in camera raw..but the option still remains disabled..is there something i have missed to do?haven't i done something in photoshop so it can recognize the new installed plug-ins or?and yes,i use cs2 version of photoshop

thanks so far for the help:D

• 5. Re: Problem with installing camera raw 3.7
                  ChrisN45

Maybe, your camera is not supported in ACR 3.7.

Try this way:

Cheers

---

Chris