4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2007 10:32 AM by Newsgroup_User

Code Inspector is Whacko

beaverfish
      I'm about to burn the dreamweaver cdrom. I've been dealing with this ever since 8 came out and i've had enough so I thought I would check here to see if there is a fix before I uninstall the software.

The problem is this: Every time I leave the code inspector, say, to look at the browser results, when I come back, the code inspector automatically scrolls somewhere to the top of the page. Why?! Now I have to scroll back down to where I was coding - which gets old real quick. Why can't code inspector just stay where I left it?

It seems very counter productive to have your editor change the position (drastically!) of your code on the screen every time you leave and return.

What is the solution for this? Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Code Inspector is Whacko
          Level 7
          Dude works perfectly here......
          .......view in browser and return to dreamweaver, No problem.
          Exactly where I left it.

"beaverfish" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:fa222e$6lh$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > I'm about to burn the dreamweaver cdrom. I've been dealing with this ever
          > since 8 came out and i've had enough so I thought I would check here to
          > see if
          > there is a fix before I uninstall the software.
          >
          > The problem is this: Every time I leave the code inspector, say, to look
          > at
          > the browser results, when I come back, the code inspector automatically
          > scrolls
          > somewhere to the top of the page. Why?! Now I have to scroll back down
          > to
          > where I was coding - which gets old real quick. Why can't code inspector
          > just
          > stay where I left it?
          >
          > It seems very counter productive to have your editor change the position
          > (drastically!) of your code on the screen every time you leave and return.
          >
          > What is the solution for this? Thanks.
          >

• 2. Code Inspector is Whacko
            beaverfish Level 1
            In your setup, are you using two monitors (design on left, code inspector on right screen)? If I split the screen on one monitor (top code, bottom design) is doesn't reposition when I come back. In dual monitor mode, it does this at home also.

It auto selects all the code in the first div found and scrolls up to the first div.
            • 3. Re: Code Inspector is Whacko
              Level 7
              Un fortunately Funds don`t run to 2 monitors.......
              perhaps problems happen with dual monitors.

"beaverfish" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:fa25ns$are$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > In your setup, are you using two monitors (design on left, code inspector
              > on
              > right screen)? If I split the screen on one monitor (top code, bottom
              > design)
              > is doesn't reposition when I come back. In dual monitor mode, it does
              > this at
              > home also.
              >

• 4. Re: Code Inspector is Whacko
                Level 7
                > In your setup, are you using two monitors (design on left, code inspector
                > on
                > right screen)?

That's my setup but I don't see the re-positioning behaviour which you are
                seeing.

When I leave the Code Inspector to do something else then return, the
                cursor's at the exact same position in the Code Inspector that I left it.

--
                Regards

John Waller