2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2006 12:26 PM by SimonDoer87

Fatal Errors?

SimonDoer87
      Hey guys, i'm having a bit of a problem, hoping somebody can help me out. I've got a project that is loading in flash sprites and laying them out on the stage. I'm having an issue where sometimes, and it seems fairly random, where i'm getting fatal errors, especialy with projectors. It's not even a consistant error at this point. Anybody had anything like this happen to them?

Simon
        • 1. Re: Fatal Errors?
          SimonDoer87 Level 1
          I figured out my problem, the director file had become corrupt after getting a -50 error while saving. I was getting random errors i hadn't seen before, so i decided to create a new file and copy the members/sprites out of the corrupt file. Now it works properly... hope this helps somebody.

Simon
          • 2. Re: Fatal Errors?
            SimonDoer87 Level 1
            Woops, that fixed one of my problems, and i found another random crash. Figured i'd put it out here in case anybody else runs into it. My flash sprites in my projector were accessing _root.url. When my files were on a local drive and the url had a space in it, i.e it lived in "My Documents" instead of "C:" and the flash file accessed the _root.url it crashed my projector. I just have the director shell pass the moviePath to the flash file. No more crashes.

Hope this helps somebody.

Simon