2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2010 12:18 AM by Mylenium

No audio during preview

Bruce BFD Level 1

I'm running AECS3 on Windows XP, and I have 2 machines with identical configurations. In Preferences, under Audio Hardware, the Default Device is set to After Effects Windows Sound, which is the only option available. When I click on Settings, there are 2 devices listed for output, SigmaTel Audio and USB audio. Both are checked.

My issue is that I can NOT preview any audio in RAM preview or audio only preview. However, if I scrub through (CTRL+drag), I can hear something. Also, the VU meters show there is an audio signal when I do a RAM preview, just no audio comes through the speakers. It is crucial that I'm able to hear the audio during RAM preview. How do I get it to work?

Thanks

• 1. Re: No audio during preview
          yenaphe Level 4

In AE sound pref, what card comes first in the list ?

• 2. Re: No audio during preview
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

I recommend you disable/ uninstall the audio devices in your Windows device manager, then do a "Check for new devices" and let Windows reinstall the drivers. Sounds to me like their order is messed up and this confuses AE. Letting the OS handle this automatically is usually the best way. If it's not essential that audio be available via the USB channel of e.g. your monitor, just leave it disabled and only use the normal line out. This may further help to avoid these problems.

Mylenium