2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2010 6:49 PM by Bear Travis

Call to a possibly undefined method button_clickhandler.

StrivingForUtopia

1180: Call to a possibly undefined method button_clickhandler.

I get this error when trying to compile my script. It happens when I try to have a button do anything. I can't actually edit the code in the workspace for whatever reason so I appear to be stuck. Here is the full line of code:

<s:Button includeIn="Page2" skinClass="components.Button5" x="67" y="463" id="button5" click="button_clickHandler()"/>
      The only other thing to reference is I deleted one state previously (Page1) that may have had that button in it. I had to delete the state because Adobe does not let you change the order of states.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Call to a possibly undefined method button_clickhandler.
          Bear Travis Adobe Employee

Were all of your edits in Catalyst, or were you using a product like Builder as well?

Could you explain the layout of your project (including what is inside of the fx:Script block), and possibly post your .fxp. I do not believe this is an error you can recover from in Catalyst, though you may be able to delete the interaction and start over.

-Bear

• 2. Re: Call to a possibly undefined method button_clickhandler.
            Bear Travis Adobe Employee

There was a problem similar to this one, so we can proceed with the same steps.

1. If you can post your project publicly, just attach it to a reply and I will see if I can manually patch it for you. If not, please post the file at an upload site such as google docs, acrobat.com or dropbox, and PM me the link.
            2. See if you can locate the Catalyst runtime log and send it my way as well. There are instructions for how to grab the log here.
            3. If you recall the steps that led you to this project state in any further detail, please post those steps as well. It would be very helpful if you could find specific steps to reproduce the problem, but if not, no worries.

-Bear